John Shearer, (Now West Virginia) Martinsburg Virginia, 1801-1806, walnut, cherry & mulberry, y.p.,oak, HOA: 106 1/8″; LOA: 45″; DOA: 24 1/2″. MESDA # 2979. The later paint inscription on the back, “E. Pendleton/Winchester,” apparently refers to Edmund Pendleton (1816-1880) of Martinsburg. In 1869 he was appointed U.S. District Court Judge in Winchester, moved there and is buried in the Mt. Hebron Cemetery.