The station's Italianate architecture courtesy designers Niernsee and Neilson is best seen from this angle at Market Street. The B&O used a similarly styled station in Washington, DC before Union Station opened there in 1907. Photo courtesy Dave Hiteshew
Silk dance fans pair and Silk Large dance flags waterfall color
With its origins dating back to 1840 the West Side Market is Cleveland's oldest publicly owned market. Beginning as an open air marketplace on a tract of land donated by two Ohio City landowners at the corner of West 25th & Lorain, it has undergone much growth and many improvements. Today the market is home to more than 100 vendors of great ethnic diversity--selling fine meats, fresh vegetables, seafood, baked goods, dairy and cheese products, ready-to-eat meals and even fresh flowers.