Steel Bridge, 1930. The number man is standing close to the Harbor Wall near Davis St., with the Steel Bridge in the background to the north. The structures on the left side of the image are on Front Ave.
Pittock Block Excavation, 1913 This massive excavation was a three-story sub-basement for the Pittock Block, which originally housed the Northwestern Electric Company’s electric sub-station and west side distribution plant. Portland newspaper publisher Henry Pittock’s home was on this site before construction began. This view looks down on the corner of SW 10th and Washington, facing northeast.