De Wachter is a smock mill in Zuidlaren, Drenthe, which has been restored to working order. The mill was built in 1851 for the Van Bon family as a corn mill and oil mill. In 1895, the mill was bought by Jan Medendorp, who installed two steam engines as auxiliary power in 1898. One steam engine drove an electricity generator while the other was used to power a spice mill. In 1935, the oil mill & spice mill ceased to be used & were dismantled, as were the steam engines.