Seven Oaks Plantation - It was built in 1840 and was once one of the greatest sugar plantations along River Road. It was occupied by both Confederate and Union troops during the Civil War and used as army barracks during WWI. It was vacated in 1957 and went into a state of deterioration. It was sadly demolished in 1977.
The abandoned Belle Grove mansion in White Castle, LA. These photos were taken in 1938, years after its abandonment. When it was built in 1857 it was the largest mansion in the south and comprised of more than 75 rooms. It has since burned to the ground..