Kai Iwi Beach Wanganui New Zealand. Photo by Kylie Wetherall.

Kai Iwi Beach Wanganui New Zealand. Photo by Kylie Wetherall.

PS Waimarie was built in 1899 by Yarrow & Co Shipbuilders at Poplar, London, and transported in kitset form to Wanganui. Originally named Aotea, she was operated by the Wanganui Settlers River Steamship Co until 1902, when she was sold to Alexander Hatrick and renamed Waimarie (good fortune/peaceful waters).

PS Waimarie was built in 1899 by Yarrow & Co Shipbuilders at Poplar, London, and transported in kitset form to Wanganui. Originally named Aotea, she was operated by the Wanganui Settlers River Steamship Co until 1902, when she was sold to Alexander Hatrick and renamed Waimarie (good fortune/peaceful waters).

Pinterest
Search