St Georges Church, on Brandon Hill in Bristol was built between 1821 & 1823 in the Greek Revival Style by Architect Sir Robert Smirke. It was altered in 1976 for use as a live concert venu. with seating for 562 people. In 1999 it underwent extensive renovation and is now in regular use by the BBC as a live recording studio and concert venue coverin a wide range of music types. The building is Grade 2* listed by English Heritage.