A large Russian silver gilt and shaded cloisonne enamel kovsh, Maria Semenova, Moscow, circa 1896-1908. Of unusual boat-shape form with scalloped rim and raised lobed body, the kovsh painted with polychrome scrolling flower-head motifs against a gilded , stippled ground, the rim of turquoise filigree enamel bordered by white enamel beads, a center oval medallion with the Imperial eagle surrounded by a band of turquoise enamel beads.
THE ROMANOVS JEWELRY~ FABERGE || After the fall of the Byzantine empire in the 15th century, Russia adopted the Byzantine double headed eagle as its state emblem. Over the following centuries, the state eagle was modified several times, but in the 1910s, the original Byzantine eagle was revived in decorative arts. The ring was made in St. Petersburg by Faberge's workmaster Vladimir Solovyov. Could be presented by mother of Nikolay II to men only for service and assistance to The Romanovs