Interior of Glasgow City Chambers (City Hall) this beautiful victorian architecture was the work of Scottish Architect William Young in 1888. The building was opened by Queen Victoria. Location: George Square, Glasgow, Scotland. Also known as "The Merchant City"
Seating laid out for the foundation stone laying ceremony for Glasgow City Chambers, 1883. The small pavilion on the raised platform in the centre was built to seat dignitaries attending the ceremony. The whole area on view seems eerily empty, in marked contrast to photographs showing a packed city centre during the ceremony on 6 October.