This launch was donated to the Services Convalescent Hospital at Rotorua, by the Patriotic Fund. She is named at this time El Alamein and was used by the hospital from 1945 to 1949. Photograph by Mr Kay Taylor
Photograph depicting 'Maori Maidens swimming' somewhere in Rotorua c1950s, photographer unknown. This photo appears in a booklet published c1950 as a Business guide to Rotorua. The original copy, owned by Rotorua District Library, is shelved in the Don Stafford Room glass case.
In November 1958 the Postmaster-General announced that a new set of pictorial stamps would be issued progressively from July 1960. A public competition was held to obtain designs and 1,072 entries were received from 268 competitors. 9d value was designed by the Post Office, the 1s and 1s 6d values by J Berry, 1s 3d by R E Barwick, 1s 9d by J C Boyd, 2s by D F Kee, 2s 6d and 5s by LC Mitchell and the 3s, 10s and £1 by A G Mitchell.